The TxA Emerging Design + Technology conference brings experimental research and exploration among academics and practitioners to a broad audience of designers, practicing architects, construction industry executives, building products manufacturers, students, and other researchers. It takes advantage of the collection of over 3,000 representatives of these fields at the Texas Society of Architects Annual Conference and Design Expo to create a forum for sharing new ideas being formulated in schools of architecture and elsewhere.
Selected academics and researchers will have the opportunity to present their papers at three 90-minute sessions at the Texas Society of Architects 76th Annual Conference and Design Expo, taking place November 5–7, 2015, in Dallas, Texas. Abstracts will be blind peer reviewed for acceptance, and the full papers will be printed in a publication of the proceedings. This opportunity is open to everyone.
Topics of Interest
The focus of the 2015 TxA Emerging Design + Technology will be developments in digital technology that inform design and/or fabrication in architecture and building. Topics that are of interest include (but are not limited to):
- Digital fabrication and rapid prototyping
- Robotic craft and assembly
- Integrated design tools
- Computational models of building performance
- Composite and synthetic materials
- Responsive environments
- Digital design theory
Submitting Your Abstract
- The submission should include an abstract, as well as a completed 2015 Submission Form.
- The abstract should be no longer than 500 words; it can be submitted as a PDF or Word document (5MB or less).
- Include the full paper title as well as supporting images. Images should be low-resolution and embedded in the document.
- Author names and affiliations should be redacted from the abstract to maintain anonymity.
- Email the final documents to email@example.com, using the subject line “2015 TxA Emerging Design + Technology.”
- Abstracts (500 words) for papers are due August 15, 2015
- Notifications of acceptance will be sent by August 31, 2015
- Full papers (2,000 to 4,000 words) and high-resolution images are due October 15, 2015
- Selected authors will be notified of the style/formatting requirements for publication.
- Receipt of the final paper confirms the presentation slot at the Texas Society of Architects 76th Annual Conference and Design Expo in Dallas.
- All selected papers will be published in the conference proceedings following the conference.
Email Conference Chair Kory Bieg.