President Larry Speck, FAIA, invites emerging professionals to take advantage of free registration as well as all the exciting sessions and events available just for you available at the 2013 Annual Convention and Design Expo. Click on the video above to view his message.
OPPORTUNITIES FOR EMERGING PROFESSIONALS
FREE Registration for Students and Recent Graduates!
For the first time in our Annual Convention history, architecture students receive free registration. Simply fill out your registration form, select your classes, and you’ll be all set! What’s more, if you attend the convention, you also automatically get free Student membership to the Texas Society of Architects.
If you’re an Associate member of the AIA in Texas and you’ve graduated from a school of architecture within the past seven years, you qualify as an Associate Intern member of TxA, and you receive completely free convention registration as well, through October 1. On October 2, Intern registration rates increase to $55. Register now, and make sure not to miss this great opportunity.
Seminars, Panels, Mentorship, and ARE Study Sessions
The 2013 Annual Convention and Design Expo has a huge amount of new material for Emerging Professionals, including:
- 5 Free ARE Study Sessions on Saturday, 11/9
- 8 "Fireside Chats", where Emerging Professionals can have intimate, open conversations with the likes of Elizabeth Chu Richter, FAIA and David Richter, FAIA, Rick Archer, FAIA, and Dan Shipley, FAIA, and much more!
- A two-day seminar on the ARE Structures exam with Dr. David Thaddeus, AIA, for the extremely affordable price of $150.
- 4 Under 40, where four established architects under the age of 40 will share how they got to where they are, and what they wish they'd known when they started out.
- Leadership by Young Architects, where panelists will discuss the opportunities that they took advantage of to enhance their leadership skills and the paths that have brought them to their current positions.
- See our full schedule of sessions and events just for emerging professionals.
Emerging Professionals Gathering: Sundance Square
Make sure not the miss the Emerging Professionals Gathering, where students, Associates, Interns, and young architects from across the Southwest will gather on the roof of the Reata on Sundance Square to celebrate all they've accomplished!
FREE Overnight Lodging for Students
Local, outstandingly generous Texas Society of Architects members are volunteering now to host traveling students in their homes overnight so that they do not have to pay for a hotel room. In order to opt into this program, simply select the option when filling out your registration form.