Posts

Working Artifacts

The origins of the Pearl Brewery date back to 1881 with the founding of the J.B. Behloradsky Brewery — Lone Star Brewing Company’s then-singular rival. After multiple changes in ownership and management, the start and end of Prohibition, and decades of beer production, the Pearl Brewery closed its doors in 2001, leaving a sprawling 22-acre campus vacant on the northern edge of downtown San Antonio. Shortly thereafter, Silver Ventures purchased the property and in 2002 began working to transform the area into the dynamic, mixed-use facility it is today, commissioning Lake|Flato Architects to create the master redevelopment plan for the…