VIDEO: 20x20 With Michael Malone, AIA
Watch a Pecha Kucha presentation by Dallas architect Michael Malone, AIA, in which he discusses frontality and rotation using the paintings of Le Corbusier, William Bailey, and others whose art has explored these theoretical concepts.
Last fall, the Texas Society of Architects treated our annual convention attendees and the public to our first-ever PechaKucha Night, 20x20@500 Chicon. The event featured nine Texas artists and architects waxing poetic on what inspires them. The full list of presenters included:
- Elaine Bradford / Houston Artist
- Michael Ray Charles / Austin Artist
- Brantley Hightower, AIA / San Antonio Architect
- Matthew Johnson / Austin Stone Carver
- Max Levy, FAIA / Dallas Architect
- Michael Malone, AIA / Dallas Architect
- Elizabeth Price, AIA / Brenham Architect
- Larry Speck, FAIA / Austin Architect
- Steven Tomlinson / Austin Playwright
Click on the video above to watch the full presentation by Michael Malone, AIA. Additional presentations in this series will be added soon.
About Pecha Kucha
PechaKucha 20x20 is a trademarked presentation style devised by Astrid Klein and Mark Dytham of Tokyo’s Klein Dytham architecture. Presenters show 20 images for 20 seconds each, and talk as the slides advance to produce a fast-paced, engaging statement on a particular topic of interest. This format has caught on and spread to more than 600 cities around the globe.