Texas Parks and Wildlife Department
4200 Smith School Road
Austin, TX 78744
NOTE: Less than 25% travel required.
JOB DESCRIPTION: Under the direction of the Planning and Design Branch Manager, position is responsible for assigned project delivery teams within the Infrastructure Division. Performs complex architectural design work and provides design process direction. Works with other staff members and outside consultants including Architectural, Historic Architecture, Master Planners, Texas Commission on Environmental Quality coordinators, and Engineering Staff relative to new and repair projects for the Agency. Responsible for supporting the Texas Parks & Wildlife Department’s mission through the application of sustainable and energy saving design principles in all construction projects while providing design support to the project teams. Prepares project scope definitions, designs, plans, reports, estimates, calculations and presentations. Travels to sites to obtain project data, observes work in progress, reviews contractor pay requests, attends meetings and initiates construction close out.
POSITION NUMBER: 14-00576
• Graduation from an accredited college or university with a Bachelor’s degree in Architecture.
• Four years architectural design work under the direction of a licensed Architect.
• Must possess current license to practice Architecture in the state of Texas;
• Must possess or be able to obtain, within 30 days of employment, a valid class “C” Texas driver’s license.
****NOTE: Retention of position contingent upon obtaining and maintaining required licenses.****
• Graduation from an accredited college or university with a Bachelor’s degree in Architecture, with emphasis on Environmental Design, Sustainable Design, and/or Historic Preservation.
• Five years sustainable design experience working with or under a licensed Architect, which includes the applicant sealed documents with his/her own professional seal;
• Experience designing, documenting and performing construction administration for a variety of park and interpretive projects and structures.
• Current Leaders in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) Design Professional certification issued by the U.S. Green Building Council.
Salary: $5,002.48 - $5,558.31 Monthly