Parkway Construction & Associates
1000 Civic Circle
Lewisville, TX 75067
AIA Chapter: AIA Dallas
From “Concept to Completion”, Parkway Construction & Associates provides complete turn-key commercial construction services and architectural design to clients nationwide. Parkway’s culture is driven by our core values of integrity, trust and respect. Ranked in ENR’s Top 400 Contractors, Parkway Construction & Associates continues to grow by building partnerships with our customers, delivering excellent solutions and developing excellent people.
Parkway is a national General Contractor and Architectural firm, based in Lewisville, Texas. We are licensed and experienced in 49 states. The benefit to our clients is our ability to offer a single point of contact as they expand ‘Coast to Coast'. With over 85% repeat business and a client list ranging from owner operated facilities to Fortune 100 companies, our portfolio is our best testimony. Feel free to check us out at www.parkwayconstruction.com.
Job description for Architect / Intern:
In this role you will provide our clients with exceptional architectural services that blend the expertise of the construction knowledge with design. The projects will be formatted in a “Design-Build” scenario using BIM software, so the client can better understand the project during the design phases. You will also bring the architecture and construction worlds together to achieve a unified team approach to building projects.
• Understand business plan and review bench marks for project results.
• Design presentation drawings using 3D graphics (REVIT)
• Cost analysis with construction team
• Production of construction documents that will be the most accurate in the industry
• Coordinating with consultants, and team members
• Reviewing shop drawings, project submittals as required
• Code review and compliance with local authorities
• Collaboration with the Project Architect
• Develop relationships that will foster a trust for future projects.
Desired Skills and Experience
• Degree in architecture with 3 -5 years experience in an architectural firm
• REVIT experience required
• Previous restaurant experience is desired
• Registered Architect, a plus
• Communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills required for effective production
• Proficient with CADD, BIM, and Office software programs with ability to produce drawings, reports and presentations as required
• Ability to work well under pressure, juggle and prioritize multiple projects and adjust work accordingly
• Self motivated and quality driven
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
Keywords - Architect Intern, Architecture, Interns, Design Architect, Construction Architect, Construction Superintendent, Design, Registered Architect, AIA, Architect, Revit