18750 Interstate 45
Spring, TX 77373
AIA Chapter: AIA Houston
Origin Architects is seeking a full-time Intern Architect to provide professional architectural consultation in the planning, design, and coordination of multiple complex projects. Our new Intern Architect should be on the path to licensure with three to six years of experience. You will be responsible for projects’ technical design, provide planning/design/coordination consultation on multiple projects and must be comfortable creating and working from conceptual designs.
• Use 3D AutoCAD to design & produce mostly residential projects as per the Architectural Agreement & Specifications. The project will be divided in the following stages:
o Schematic Design
o Design Development
o Construction Documents
• Research & adhere to current applicable codes or requirements in the design of the project.
• Order supplementary services as may be required for complete plan development (e.g., windstorm engineering, Energy Star rating, foundation engineering, framing engineering or floor system engineering).
• Review information received from outside parties for accuracy and completeness.
• Assist with plan checking in order to ensure accuracy and compliance with regulations, internal standards, and design specifications.
• Communicate the status of the project to the Principal Architect, including any anticipated change in the expected delivery dates.
• Assist with analyzing and monitoring design-related construction budget variances
• Recommend changes to plans to improve quality, efficient use of materials or alignment with industry trends or requirements
• Develop and maintain plan details showing materials and methods to be used during construction of the project
• Participate in regular team meetings, field visits, training and other scheduled events as required
• Participate in meetings & teleconferences with clients as required
• Complete other special projects as needed
• Other responsibilities as assigned
• Minimum of 3 years’ experience in residential design and production from hand sketch to Construction Documents.
• Bachelor’s in Architecture Degree
• Initiated path to Licensure
• Ability to communicate effectively through oral or written methods.
• High Proficiency in 3D AutoCAD Architecture (Experience in other 3D CAD or rendering software is a plus)
• Extensive Creative design abilities
• LEED GA or AP status encouraged but not required
Origin Architects offers competitive compensation and a benefits program that includes medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan and paid time off.