7915 FM 1960 West Suite 214
Houston, TX 77070
AIA Chapter: AIA Houston
Construction Contract Administrator (Houston)
MARKET SEGMENT: Various
OVERVIEW: VLK Architects is looking for a Construction Contract Administrator to administer the construction phase of multiple projects in the Houston area for both corporate and educational (K-12 through Higher Ed) projects while working cooperatively and effectively with clients, design teams, project directors/principals, and contractors. This role will require strong negotiating, organizational and communication skills exhibiting the utmost professionalism throughout.
• Observe the construction work for conformance to drawings and specifications.
• Process the contractor’s shop drawings, product data, and samples.
• Review the results of construction tests and inspections.
• Evaluate contractor request for payments.
• Handle requests for changes during construction.
• Address and resolve claims brought by the owner or contractor.
• Administer the completion and closeout process for the owner.
• Monitor post construction warranty requests.
• Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Architecture or Construction from an accredited University
• 5‐10 years of relevant professional experience
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Negotiating and interpreting contractual agreements
• Working knowledge of AutoCAD and/or Revit AutoCAD
• Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
We offer competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits such as generous medical/dental/vision/life insurance, 401k plan, paid vacation and holidays, and more. Address all inquiries to Charles W. Johnson, Jr., AIA via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or U.S. Mail at VLK Architects, 7915 F.M. 1960 West, Suite 214, Houston, Texas 77070; 281.671.2300.