8012 Shin Oak
Live Oak, TX 78233
AIA Chapter: AIA San Antonio
Judson ISD has an immediate opening for a Bond M.E.P. inspector.
The Bond Project Inspector for MEP will work under the supervision of the Director of the Facilities Planning. Through observation, the Inspector is responsible for construction contract compliance. The Inspector should insure quality construction, timely completion and documentation of bond construction projects.
EDUCATIONAL AND CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
• Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical or Electrical preferred or a minimum of five (5) years experience in commercial construction and contract administration (school facility construction preferred).
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
• Knowledge of architectural or engineering construction principles, practices, and procedures
• Knowledge of local codes related to mechanical, and electrical
• Knowledge of four pipe hydronic systems and HVAC Direct Digital Control systems or BAS.
• Ability to read and interpret construction drawings and specifications, including civil, architectural, and mechanical/electrical plumbing
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Works closely with contracted professionals, serving as on-site project liaison with contractor(s), architects, engineers, and consultants
2. Observes/Inspects construction work in progress and prepares daily written field reports documenting current construction activities and progress
3. Makes recommendations on completion status for progress payments
4. Makes recommendations to administration for items needing further determinations or approvals
5. Assures conformance of construction to design documents, time schedules, and District standards
6. Coordinates construction activities with Campus administration and staff to insure conformance with campus activities schedules and on-going educational requirements
7. Participates in pre-construction conferences with school personnel, contractor, and architect/engineer team
8. Assists in determination and implementation of District standards
9. Evaluates and makes recommendations on technical, constructability, and maintainability issues in design of projects
10. Assists with the review of plans, specifications, and contract requirements during the development of projects
11. Arranges/Schedules training of custodial, maintenance, and school personnel, to operate building equipment and systems
12. Performs or assists in the preparation of punch lists and substantial completion inspections, and assures timely correction of deficient items or completion of items recorded
13. Tracks project documentation by others, submittals and warranties
14. Reviews as-built conditions to assure accurate documentation for District archives
15. Acquires or prepares construction cost estimates for proposed projects and modifications to contracts
16. Serves as manager for construction work as assigned
17. Performs other job duties as assigned
Ability to communicate effectively (verbal and written), interpret policies and procedures, reason, read, understand verbal instructions, analyze, differentiate, coordinate, compile, instruct, and maintain emotional control.
Ability to lift and/or carry heavy weight (45 pounds and over), sit, stand, walk, climb stairs, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, pull, push, reach, do repetitive hand motions, hear, speak, maintain visual acuity, drive personal vehicle, and travel frequently District wide. Ability to work inside and/or outside in temperature extremes, noise extremes, low or tense vibrations, slippery and uneven surfaces, potential biological exposure (insects, mold, fungi, bacteria, animals, plants, etc.), potential minimal chemical exposure (asbestos, fumes, vapors, gases, dusts, smoke, etc.), sunlight exposure, works around moving objects, vehicles, and machines with moving parts, unusual fatigue factors such as eye strain, and may work prolonged, irregular hours.
PAY SCALE: PO4 NUMBER OF DAYS: 226
The Judson School District considers applicants for all positions without
regard to race, color, national origin, age, religion, sex, marital or
veteran status, the presence of a medical condition, disability,
or any other legally protected status.